We want to let everyone know that the Inn has reopened and that we are taking reservations. Welcome back to the Sinclair Inn and Vermont!
The Governor of Vermont, his administration, and the State Department of Health have issued guidelines for lodging properties, and as of July 1, the following are the requirements for staying at the Sinclair Inn:
We are only allowed to take reservations from guests residing in the following states: all New England states, New York, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia, and the city of Washington DC. Additionally,
1. Your residence must be in a non-quarantine county (less than 400 COVID-19 cases per million in population), OR your residence is in a quarantine county and you can complete a 14-day quarantine, or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative Covid-19 test, in your home state or elsewhere in Vermont, before traveling to the Sinclair Inn,
This link is the basis for Vermont’s determination of non-quarantine/quarantine counties: click here
- We can take your reservation if the above conditions (1 & 2) can be met.
- A Covid-19 Certificate of Compliance form must be filled out for all guests staying at the Sinclair Inn. This form can be completed, signed, and handed to us at the time of your check-in, or we can provide you with blank form to fill out at the time of your check-in. The link for the Certificate of Compliance form is: click here
- All out of state travelers are strongly encouraged to register with Sara Alertupon arrival to Vermont to get two weeks of daily reminders to check for common symptoms of COVID-19. For the linK: click here
If you are unable to meet the above conditions (1 & 2), we’re sorry but we will not be able to take a new reservation, or honor an existing reservation. If you are in need of quarantining within Vermont, the Sinclair Inn is not equipped to accommodate anyone for an extended, quarantine stay.
We want to ensure all of our guests that during your stay with us, each of you is safe, healthy & well, and feels comfortable with the precautions we are taking to avoid contracting Covid-19.
- We are limiting the number of reservations for any given day to 3 rooms (50% of the total guest rooms available).
- Once at the Inn, we ask all guests to please follow State regulations on occupancy & seating in restaurants, food service, bars, retail establishments, and all other public spaces.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the inn for guest use.
- We are asking all guests in public areas of the Inn to wear protective masks and social distance.
- Your innkeepers (Tom & Dan) will also be wearing protective masks and social distancing.
- In-stay housekeeping service is available upon request and our housekeeper will be wearing a mask and sanitizing hands before entering any room.
- All rooms will be thoroughly cleaned following Vermont Health Department and CDC guidelines before the next check-in arrives.
- We are providing breakfast in the dining room with social distancing in mind; if there are more than 2 rooms wanting breakfast at the same time, we will either take time reservations or utilize dining on our side deck or front porch (subject to the weather).
We are currently suspending our inn’s cancellation policy and this will allow our guests to cancel up to the day prior to their reservation.
Our best for your health and safety and the health and safety of your families.
Tom Matteoli & Dan Klopfstein, Innkeepers
For more information about COVID-19 in Vermont, visit the Vermont Department of Health website www.healthvermont.gov, and for national information about COVID-19, please visit Centers for Disease Control www.cdc.gov
Enjoy Gracious Vermont Lodging at the
Sinclair Inn Bed and Breakfast !
Welcome to the Sinclair Inn Bed and Breakfast near Burlington, Vermont – where you can step back in time and experience the charm and beauty of a bygone era. Please explore our website to learn more about how we can pamper you with afternoon treats and special Vermont breakfasts in our elegant Victorian dining room.
Our fully restored 1890’s “Painted Lady” is conveniently located just east of Burlington and Lake Champlain on Vermont Route 15, in the heart of Smuggler’s Notch and Stowe ski country facing Mount Mansfield. We are also within a short driving distance to the Shelburne Museum, Shelburne Farms, the University of Vermont, Saint Michaels College, Boyden Valley Winery, and the New England Culinary Institute, as well as the Vermont Teddy Bear and Ben & Jerry’s factories. Plus, we are in the middle of one of Vermont’s top-rated hiking, biking, antiquing, and fall foliage areas.
Whether you are coming to visit friends or relatives, have a romantic weekend, tour the area’s sights, or just enjoy our beautiful garden and back lawn view of the surrounding wooded hills and sunset, we look forward to having you stay with us.
We graciously host small corporate retreats, showers, and family get-togethers.
Hope to see you soon!
Tom Matteoli & Dan Klopfstein